Saturday, March 17, 2007

This is the email I sent to Steve (Novak) after I had received and begun to read his books...

Hi Steve... the three books arrived!!! Quick huh?

(this is Steve's blog with details of his books)
http://stevenovak.blogspot.com/

I read through Snowman and you just about broke my stony old heart... Having been fortunate enough to have a mum and dad who were funny, poor, tolerant,more like us than their peers and just let us be who we were goning to be any way... I know along with all the shit that did happen, our ramshacklehome was a great place to come home to...the few smacks I did get had mum and dad blubbering more than me...

You bastard! U started reading "Goats eat cans" yesterday afternoon. I cooked tea while reading it...laughing my gizzards out... and for once I had a friend come in to look after Don who is not breathing well, so I could get a good night's sleep...and who was it with the light on at 2am still reading! Having to pretend that I was so rested this morning...I mean it costs us dough to have someone come in like this...

I know nothing much about boys... aving 4 sisters and 2 daughters... you lot are really different in the games you play - thanks for the education! I read some bits to Don yesterday afternoon and while he had different things happen, he okayed what you said that after being about 8 boys have some really scary thoughts about girls...and Steve most little girls haven't a clue. All we want at 12, 14 16 even is someone to let us know what knockouts we are and to love us like in Romeo and Juliet... and if it takes a bit of rumpy pumpy to get that most will...

but we think its ttruuuueee love...while you guys...hmmm! different huh!

I have done some outrageous things as a kid - different from yours, but you made me laugh and laugh even when it was sad... I hope you sell lots...

Is it okay to give your stuff a plug on my blog, with the link to yours..I only have about 10 regulars but...

Told my older sister about it this morning and she (has one 22 yr old son) agreed totally bt had no idea the mind stuff you have going on...

I wish someone could make a series out of this book (with you as director of course ; )

There is a big niche for offbeat stories and I loved yours even if it was about your life.

Have about a quarter of the Goats book to read...then after a day in between am looking forward to the other one.

Thanks Steve...even though my eyes feel all sandy..."

1 comment:

Cazzie!!! said...

Man, I need to read these books !!!