Saturday, October 01, 2011

Thanks Jin

Off the Melbourne my favourite place this week
My youngest  has another birthday this week so am off to Melbourne to help her celebrate - after I clean up hereabouts - a massive wind storm on Thursday which brought branches etc down and knocked out he power from 4.30pm till mid day the next day - but alls well now - no doubt I will have heaps of photos when I come back and the kids are giving me a tour of their new home so am looking forward to this. 
Not an interesting post but of late these acres have been taking my every spare waking minute because of all this wild weather


I am so much looking forward to just not being responsible for a short while..
Oh and thanks Jin for your quote about "Apologising"...


"Apologising does not always mean you are wrong and that others are right, it just means you value your relationship more than your ego."
So whats the point of anyone asking for an apology - one should only be freely given without demand or how can it be genuine. But I love how the Irish got around it when the Poms wouldn't apologise to them for 800 years of bastardry - they said "we forgive you" Now that works for me

5 comments:

FoxyMoron said...

Enjoy your break away. Hope the weather improves for you, it's really cold in Echuca/Moama this afternoon!

Middle Child said...

Its freezing here as well - might remove part of the post - family issues!

Mom said...

I love that quote.
Have a great time with your family.

FoxyMoron said...

I think it's more about forgiveness anyway, and forgiveness is more about us than the person who wronged us. The Irish had it right I reckon. Forgiveness is not condoning the wrong but moving past it and putting it where it belongs.
I'd rather have just one or two truly decent people in my life than "make it right" with a whole lot of dickheads who just don't get it. But that's just me. ;)

Shrinky said...

What a wonderful quote, and so true!

Um, not sure ALL the Irish forgave, have you seen the recent bombings..?