Thursday, July 03, 2008

This song is so good!



I drove over from Aberdeen (NSW Australia) at 5am last Saturday and there was frost on the frost - I headed up throuh Tamworth and think I may have got bitten by the Country and Western Bug as at a servo station there, knowing I had about 4 more hours of driving through winding mountain roads to Port macquarie and knowing my radio was giving out nothing much but the racing news - I bought a Johhny Cash CD - there was not much else to pick from. Well I rattled round those mountains playiong it and enjoying every minute but especially this song which I now know off by heart... its more like a Woody Guthrie song than Country and westerm - its good stuff

I grew up in the '60/70's and Country and western was frowned upon - you would never admit to liking it - this is just sooo good

3 comments:

Cazzie!!! said...

Freaking marvellous, I heart it :)

Sling said...

Woo Hoo!..Love me some pickin' music.
Coincidentally,and as frequently happens between you and I,I've mentioned one o' the Guthrie boys in my latest post.

Middle Child said...

Yer right re Caz it is "freaking marvellous" - and I know you heart it cause I did too.

Sling - I alwayd love the pickin' music - it does something to my heart like opening it like a warm flower - if that makes sense... its like there is an understanding... and those of us who understand know...