Friday, July 28, 2006


When I was down at one of my daughter's places recently I had a bit more time and found this link which is mainly relevant to Australians but also to those who like old photos.
http://www.pictureaustralia.org/index.html

While looking through I typed in the search of places my parents had lived and theirs, such as Scone NSW, Rouchel NSW, Aberdeen NSW and Bingo! I found a photo of a family home belonging to my father's great grandfather who emigrated from Wicklow in ireland in 1841. They were Protestants (I am an mixture of Orange and Green and sooo pleased I am in Australia for this to go down so well) and had 13 children 11 of who made it to adulthood.

So this is the first family home and although I can't pick the faces this is a family group after a cricket game held at the house...so a fair bet most of these are if not ancestors then siblings of ancestors... our family seems rather sparse in comparison these days.

1 comment:

Middle Child said...

Right Charlie. And all they owned would have been handed down till it fell apart. But they all read and could write, I know that much, and I am darn sure none of themever got diagnosed with ADHD and drugged up on kiddie speed...