Friday, July 28, 2006


When I was down at one of my daughter's places recently I had a bit more time and found this link which is mainly relevant to Australians but also to those who like old photos.
http://www.pictureaustralia.org/index.html

While looking through I typed in the search of places my parents had lived and theirs, such as Scone NSW, Rouchel NSW, Aberdeen NSW and Bingo! I found a photo of a family home belonging to my father's great grandfather who emigrated from Wicklow in ireland in 1841. They were Protestants (I am an mixture of Orange and Green and sooo pleased I am in Australia for this to go down so well) and had 13 children 11 of who made it to adulthood.

So this is the first family home and although I can't pick the faces this is a family group after a cricket game held at the house...so a fair bet most of these are if not ancestors then siblings of ancestors... our family seems rather sparse in comparison these days.

2 comments:

charlie said...

They didn't have TV back then, MC

Middle Child said...

Right Charlie. And all they owned would have been handed down till it fell apart. But they all read and could write, I know that much, and I am darn sure none of themever got diagnosed with ADHD and drugged up on kiddie speed...