Tuesday, April 17, 2012

An amazing family

I hope you will take the time to watch this - I met Shane through his mother Sue who edited my book "Without Due Care". I got to know and respect this wonderful family through Sue - and understood the huge loss her husband and her children's dad was - Shane was funny, clever, brave, extremely disabled physically and from the two short meeting I had with him I came away understanding that there are angels on Earth and Shane was one - as were his whole family. I understood how severe disability effects the children in the family from our own experience - People unaffected have no idea of the humour and love within a family unit like this despite the hardships. So next time you read or hear about the NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) understand that it was bugun by a very few people, Sue (Shane's mum) being one - it was begun because they knew! From experience unlike too many. When i originally saw this I was so sad as I hadn't known Shane had died - He hadn't long finished year 12 and at a time when most are beginning their lives his life ended. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-07-15/deceased-mans-family-calls-for-disability-reform/2796990 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The NDIS should be non partisan and just proceed, quickly.