Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Port Fairy folk Festival

My sister and I just before the festival started...we were in a nearby beer
garden listening to a duo call Tamarisq
After the Festival free entertainment at the Star of the West
Hotel listening to "Roadtripping"
My sister and I went to the Port Fairy Folk Festival  in early March. It was just wonderful. I had never been to anything like this before . Port Fairy is a small pretty town with an Irish flavour...names and such.  For the festival which lasts half Friday through to mid Monday the town swells from 2,500 to 40,000 plus. There was music for all ages...from Arlo Guthrie - who did a Woody Guthrie tribute with others - to younger bands such as the Popes who play sometimes along with the Dropkick Murphys. Eric Bogle was there and a list a mile long - we couldn't possible get to see them all.
Here is the link to this years one www.portfairyfolkfestival.com  and you can see all the stars there.
I found the German Kitchen - wow!

I found the German Kitchen - Wow. It was begun by friends of ours - Neil and Renate Thrift from Port Macquarie - they began it ages ago Renate is from Germany. You will see it at many big Festivals and it is very successful. Sadly our good friend Neil died soon after Don - the Kitchen had been sold a while before he died as he was very sick...was so pleased to see it and sent Renate a photo.

And a little night cap of Drambuie and ice - well deserved



My sister relaxing with her magazine
My sister took this  - can't recall who
And I found the best 2nd hand bookstore.

No comments: