Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Snake was still in the house - 2 days later

and i just saved it...I am so pleased with myself. The poor thing was just worn out and had not much fight in it - so got the cat away from it again - she had hunted it out from behind my filing cabinet and i just came out in the nick of time. I have a stout snake stick that i use if i walk about coming on dusk - amid it has a nifty split branch on the end...so was able to get the snake in between the two branches and it didn't fight at all...took it outside where there is water and trees and of it went...a little scarred but okay...I didn't think I would have the guts to do this, but it honestly was a really pretty and quite placid snake once the threat was gone...

4 comments:

Sling said...

You done good Therese!
I seem to recall that you have a rat problem in one of your storage sheds.Nothing like a good rat eatin' snake on the grounds to handle that. :)
Are you sure you wanna trade kitties?
all mine does is sit on the bed lickin' his butt.

FoxyMoron said...

You should feel really proud that you saved the little fellow. I have never heard of cats catching snakes. I kind of like Tiger's spirit.

Random Thinker said...

You brave woman you... I hate snakes.

Mom said...

I hate snakes. I might have to move if another snake came in.