Thursday, December 11, 2008

This is a male "Superb Blue Fairy Wren", who was flitting about in the branch outside the window behind my computer. He is absolutely tiny and a cocky little creature. he was dancing along the branch with a little browny female and bugger me but they both dropped down into the bushes beneath the tree..I though ... and leaned out to see better...and there he was with not one but three little females zipping in and out the bushes...


What was amazing was that out of the ten photos i tried when i got this one, he sat for the longest time looking in at me through the window, for all the world looking like he was posing...

These little birds didn't come last year but were there the year before...









Then I lost the cat only to find her atop this bit of furniture... Hmmm... will have to make sure she has company and a big bell round her neck till the little birds finish up...If she goes for a magpie or galah she'll be the one running which might be a good lesson
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Talk about your cat taking the "Higher Ground"! lol

Link said...

Puss-kat got not one but three of these superb fairy wrens; he was in serious, serious shit and I now lock him in the house for an hour before sun up till an hour after sun down when the birds have gone to bed. Miraculously enough I've spotted another blue wren who is slowly building up a harem of jenny's. Puss_kat is double belled and i bought him a diamonte coller, not to make him glamorous, but to help the birdies spot him. But after the spotted pardolote I couldn't take it any more,bloody little shit. So now he's a daytime prisoner, which is getting used to. There, I have confessed his sins.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo of the wren. I follow your campaign with great interest. While I have some faith in out hospitals and medical systems, clearly something went very wrong.

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

lol @ Caroline! I'd best keep my goldfishie away for all your cats then, huh? lol.

Sling said...

Now that's a pretty little bird!
I love these pix of the critters y'all got in your half of the world..
I like that he gets a harem too..it's god's plan. ;)

Middle Child said...

Mal...I think she has hidden wings...

Caroline...I need help...bought a collar with bell but even though she is a sweet little cat she fought like all the demons of hell to stop me putting on the collar. Don't get visitors much so will have to wait the next unwary visitor...

Andrew thanks ...the little fellow and harem are still hereabouts... so am monitoring the cat...re the campaign for justice...the coroner's office has reopened the inquiry after my pushing them.If you know any brave publishers...? the book is ready... and can all be backed up with documentation...thanks for visiting.

mal that would be wise.

Link said...

She's probably just really terrified of anything and anyone. It will take a while to win her trust, but you will. Just keep up the food and affection and she'll come around. It hasn't been a week yet? Time, space, food, warmth and security--its pretty simple really isn't it? Pity its not a cooler time of year as this would probably accelerate the process. She can probably smell Thorn, and is waiting for 'teh dog' to materialise.

FoxyMoron said...

How ignorant am I? I didn't even know we HAD those birds in Australia. So pretty, and a hit with the ladies it seems.

I agree with Caroline, Cous Cous will come around and love you the more for rescuing her and giving her such a good and loving home. *sigh* I love cats and their spirits.

JahTeh said...

I love Blue Wrens and I've set him as my computer wallpaper.

The picture of CousCous must have a LOLcat caption. You should have run a competition.