Friday, April 25, 2008

ANZAC DAY 25th April.

I stood today on our town green in torrential rain, beside a sea of people as the Last Post was played...remembering all the times Don and I had stood here... the friendship between young old and all was amazing and we laughed as the rain destroyed all vestiges of fashion, face and fame. I have never experienced such a public show of fellow feeling as I did today. People didn't run for cover when the heavens opened yet again (I am flooded in right now from the town side)... they stood ... young old ill and let the rain run down into sandals and boots...

these songs say it better than I can... not to glorify war... never. But to respect the old men and women.. and the not so old who have gotten caught up in what is never good for the working classes...






No comments: