Monday, May 27, 2013

Family visit last week

Shopping till they dropped
almost done
Melissa visited last week and it was wonderful to have my little family all together. I can imagine that my Mum felt the same way. For just a few short hours those you love most on this planet are with you and you know they are okay - I guess some may not understand this feeling and see me as a worrier - but most going back generations seem not to die what you call a natural death and the rare few who have made their 80's are rare indeed. So when we are together I feel a sublime feeling of "All's right with the world". We had a day in St Kilda and went to our favourite place the Chapel St Bazaar. If you have never been there you have to go...there is anything and everything there. I came away with a book on the life of Red Skelton - one of my favourite old time comedians. Melissa got two antique - Retro tall coloured glass bottles and Alison ended up with a small gold brooch with her name on it  -  Alice (we call her Little Alice) .

A right pair of posers

































































































and more






















Then we hit the photo booth  we were mashed in together


scary stuff
Alison and Melissa
Lovely times - so short though
Melissa and hers
Alison and hers















































Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

FoxyMoron said...

What a lovely post. I so understand what you mean about having them with you and feeling all is right. I felt that way when Kate came to visit, having all three of mine under the one roof, safe and with me.
I love Melbourne, can't wait to get back down there.
And why won't you add me on Facebook????

Middle Child said...

I didn't see your name there will do it right away are you under Trish Percy - as well I don't have your new address since you moved - could you email it to me please if okay

Middle Child said...

What do you go under on Facebook Trish - I looked under your name and couldn't find you...

Ann ODyne said...

oh they are gorgeous poseurs and it looks like it was a funday, good onyas. That book you got must be an antique - I am old so I remember that Red Skelton was a huge star.
X X

FoxyMoron said...

I sent you a request Therese but I'm on as Tricia McMoron now few people I'd rather not be found by.

Middle Child said...

Tricia McMoron hahahaa sorry I don't know how I missed that