Sunday, October 26, 2008

My sister took this of me moments before I dissolved into a craziness wreck - bitten on the back by a "jumping ant" and ripping off my top to find it only to have it bite me on the neck because it had found a home ion my hair - if you haven't been bitten by one of these monsters - just type in "jumping ants - Australia" and you'll know what fer - a bite like a small snake and the pain is unbelievable. In my case my arm was numb and my neck and cheek bone sore - and I looked so serene here...the bastard was already in my t shirt..I guess i was out spraying weeds so maybe nature was just sorting me out....bastard bastard bastard... but then the next day i pulled out a big weed I could no longer ignore and got bitten again on the palm of my bloody hand on the same side of my body - - ah well - Its bloody sore and each bite seemed to have a worse reaction - I have a funny feeling Don would be mightily amused by all he shenanigans hereabouts.... out
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

FoxyMoron said...

Don WOULD be?? I am betting he IS amused by it.

Middle Child said...

I'm still sore foxymoron - so am hunting down the nests incase I wake up one morning and they have taken over

rosemary said...

holy ants!!!! they are nasty little things. i am that way with wasps, hornets....each one has gotten worse and now I have to keep an epi pen during the summer.

Mom said...

I once read that there are more critters that can kill you in Australia than in any other place in the world. sounds like those monster ants are doing their best.
Critters or not Australia is full of beautiful scenery, beautiful birds and animals and beautiful people.

Middle Child said...

Rosemary - I may need that epi pen sooner than later!

MOM...you know I never worried till i saw the huge big red bellied balck snakes actually mating near my back shed...aaarrrgh! But then i have lived in rural settings all my life...been bitten bty only one bee...one wasp and a few ants...they were the worst....
No snakes, nor crocs. No stonefish nor sea snakes. No kelly fish or whatever... and you know I forget easily and realise that none of my ancestors were ever bit fatally and just get on with life....